Tuesday, July 14, 2009

"I run the streets all night and day, I can't stay away." -Slim Thug

Day one of my 5K training started today. I did not make my early morning appt with the jogging park, but after I got the kids down and Mama got home I headed out. I ran/jogged for 30-60 seconds and then walked for 2 minutes. It's nothing to write home about, but I did that for an hour so it's better than the cardio I've been getting.

Main drawback of this running business? Due to the glorious miracle of childbirth my bladder control ain't what it used to be... so I may or may not have pissed my pants one stride at a time. Awesome.

In other news... Mama and I had another clashing today. There's a crazy balance that totally gets thrown off when one moves away from home and lives their life very independently and then suddenly finds themselves back at home (with their two children, no less) and losing pretty much all of their independence.

Don't get me wrong, I am and will always be eternally grateful for the help that my mother has offered me during this super stressful time of my life. However, I am 26 and I have 2 kids and I feel like I can't make my own decision without running it by my mom first. Otherwise, I'm being selfish or irresponsible or something or other.

I'm not saying that every decision I've made since I moved down here has necessarily been the smartest one, but I also want my mom to see me as an adult and stop treating me like a child. Yeah, when I was a teenager and making stupid decisions, that was more than her place to tell me I was being an idiot and needed to get my act together. I feel that now, as long as my decisions aren't putting the kids or I in immediate danger (emotional, physical or mental)... then let me make my own mistakes. I have NEVER liked someone telling me not to do something on principle alone. It's kind of like the line in Sweet Home Alabama, "What's wrong with you Southern women? Can't make a right decision until you've made all the wrong ones?"

I know if I move in with BB, it's not going to be all sunshine and flowers and it's going to be a big adjustment, but good Lord... at least I'll be living with someone that looks at me like their equal and that's a big f'n deal.

School here lately has been almost a joke. Once summer hit, everyone stopped coming... except me... I suddenly upped my attendence. So far, I have the most hours clocked this month... that doesn't ever happen... ever. The afternoon hits and it is so ungodly hot at my station, since it's right in front of the window that I can't muster enough energy to do anything productive. I also hate working on my mannequin so I wait until I get an actual client. I LOVE working on actual clients and I am really coming into my own with all the techniques and stuff (except clipper cuts... no sir). I have no doubts that I will absolutely love this job and excel in the real world, but for right now... it takes a lot to muster much passion when you keep having to comb a damn doll's head.

Today I caught up on True Blood and Weeds. When I was done with that I started going through my music library and trying to weed through the 4000 songs I have and delete the ones I don't like. It's ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment