Wednesday, September 8, 2010

We've listened to more of life's end gong than the sound of life's sweet bells. -Missed the Boat/Modest Mouse

I will be attending the Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam LIVE! concert in Dallas on Sunday.
My music soul is crying a little bit.
Thankfully, I will be in the company of 3 little girls aged 4-9, so I feel as though the music gods will spare me a lashing or two.

This will be our first "family" trip, minus a Corbin since he's not really of Camp Rock age and pray to God he's never in the Camp Rock fan club. He's already got 3 big sisters to influence him, no use egging it on.

So, I stepped in a hole on Ava's first day of school and jacked up my ankle. Jacked up meaning I tore all the ligaments in it and possibly fractured one of the bones but to get a definite answer on the fracture, a MRI would have to be done and, uh, I'm uninsured. Shit don't come cheap. Anyway, I've been in this God forsaken boot for two weeks. Jesus Christ, I thought we were already almost in 3 week territory, boo. I. Am. Over. It. I know that it could be much worse and there are people in far worse situations, but I am used to walking normally wearing shoes on both feet, or no shoes on both feet, but certainly not constantly wearing a boot that weighs 30 lbs to lug around day and night. I will have this boot on for at least 2 more weeks and for the first time in many months, I am SO fired up to work out and can not. Less than thrilled.

Jeremy and I are trying this whole budgeting thing and we did REALLY good the paycheck before last, but then we got a little extra money this paycheck and it's gone on freakin' fast food and a date night outing, which consisted of a TWELVE dollar shot. We live in West Texas, there is NO need for a TWELVE dollar shot. Jeremy faced the wrath of me after that one. We need to realize that extra money does not mean, WOO HOO JACKPOT, but rather, Hey, let's do something productive with this, like, perhaps buy pots and pans so that we can eat at home. I hate being an adult sometimes.

The end is near with the shanty! I guess Mike got his end finished up this weekend, so we need to do a little painting here and there and bada bing bada boom... we can move in. Hallelujah! It's going to be soooooooooo very nice to have our own place. I can hardly wait. I have not had my own place since Jan 3, 2009 and that is a LONG. FREAKING. TIME. when you have 2 kids and a Jeremy and sometimes his 2 kids.

This is random, but Keira was watching some show on her Rural Farming channel (gotta love country life) and apparently, it was/is the 20th anniversary of Lane Frost's death. Lane Frost was a bull rider who got stepped on, I believe, and the movie 8 Seconds is about him. ANYHOW, the guys were saying that he was a giant of a man and he believes that people like him are put on the Earth for only a short period of time and if we ever get a chance to spend time with someone like that, we need to grasp that opportunity. It just reminded me of Travis and how very fortunate I was to have been able to have known him. Instead of griping about having to wear a boot Travis would probably rig up some contraption to make it work for him instead of against him. It's nice to have him as a reminder every once in awhile when I start taking life a little too serious.

Corbin is this active, talking, little person now. It is just blowing my mind. He continues to steal my heart on a daily basis. It's so very true about how there's just something special about a relationship between a daughter and a father and the relationship between a mother and a son. I think mother and daughters, however strong the relationship may be, will clash heads until the daughter grows on into adulthood and then suddenly they are the best of friends. I also think, sons and fathers are the same way. But growing up, daddys will always have their baby girl's back and mamas will always have their baby boy's.


No comments:

Post a Comment