Saturday, July 11, 2009

The more I look back on my life, the more miracles I see

I turned 26 today.

Nothing spectacular happened. I got birthday muffins with candles. I listened to 95.9 The Ranch on the internet while sitting outside with my mom and the kids, watching my daughter blow bubbles and my son navigate the terrain that is grass and dirt. I spent the rest of my day doing not much of anything. Listening to music, catching up on True Blood, taking a nap with the little ones, scolding the little ones, loving the little ones... there was even a Dance Party USA session to old country music in the living room with the little ones.

It was one of the best birthdays I've ever had.

I was with the two people closest to my heart. I was/am happy... genuinely genuinely happy.

25 was filled with every range of human emotion. A baby being born, a marriage ending...

26 so far has been nothing but absolute contentment.

No comments:

Post a Comment