Thursday, January 27, 2011

Some people feel the rain, others just get wet. -Bob Marley

I am soooooooooo ready for us to be back to two cars. This dropping off, picking up every single family member all day long is driving me nuts! If I had errands to run, or was a kept woman and could just go shopping in between it wouldn't be as bad. Instead I drop off, back to house, drop off, back to house, pick up, back to the house, drop off, back to the house, pick up, back to the house, pick up, back to the house. I am a straight up taxi service.

While I'm on my mommy-talk kick, I know I have like 2 followers, but this has worked WONDERS for Corbin, so I had to give it a shout out for anyone who has eczema or has a kid with it. Corbin's eczema started flaring up when we moved to Midland in Jan 09 and while it is exponentially better than what it was back then, he still gets flare ups behind his legs and his ankles. We have used every. single. OTC for eczema or dry skin out there. Eucerin does fine for maintanence, but Cortizone 10 Intensive Healing Lotion for Eczema is magical. His legs can be HORRIBLE and if I put it on him at night, by the morning, they are soft and smooth and not bothering him at all.

In other news, I have finally done something wedding related, I got wedding invitations/RSVP cards designed and they will be paid for/ordered this weekend. They look a little something like below, except changes to color and text.
I had been looking for concert-poster style invites, but I couldn't find anything for a price that fit our dirt cheap budget. I looked on etsy and found this store, InvitingMoments, and am soooooo happy. I got 75 invites, RSVP postcards, envelopes and address labels for $135, which includes design fee and printing. Could not be happier. She was super duper fast with everything and had no trouble making all the changes I asked for.

On to other dirt cheap wedding business... I have found my dress. I've had it in mind for awhile, but I've kept perusing to see if that was what I really wanted because it was one of the first ones I looked at. I found it on ebay. That's right. I think with shipping and everything it should cost about $159. I'm taking a gamble here, by getting something I've never tried on, made for dirt cheap in Singapore, but I've read lots of reviews and everyone has been more than happy with their results. So now for the unveiling...
























I am in love with it. Just need to get really started on the diet/workout so it'll be on point. It's custom made, so I'll be putting my order in April 1 and should get in early May, which will leave times for alterations and all that. So in a few months, everyone can either call me a dumbass or a genius depending on the outcome of this ebay dress adventure.

"Only once in your life, I truly believe, you find someone who can completely turn your world around. You tell them things that you’ve never shared with another soul and they absorb everything you say and actually want to hear more. You share hopes for the future, dreams that will never come true, goals that were never achieved and the many disappointments life has thrown at you. When something wonderful happens, you can’t wait to tell them about it, knowing they will share in your excitement. They are not embarrassed to cry with you when you are hurting or laugh with you when you make a fool of yourself. Never do they hurt your feelings or make you feel like you are not good enough, but rather they build you up and show you the things about yourself that make you special and even beautiful. There is never any pressure, jealousy or competition but only a quiet calmness when they are around. You can be yourself and not worry about what they will think of you because they love you for who you are. The things that seem insignificant to most people such as a note, song or walk become invaluable treasures kept safe in your heart to cherish forever. Memories of your childhood come back and are so clear and vivid it’s like being young again. Colours seem brighter and more brilliant. Laughter seems part of daily life where before it was infrequent or didn’t exist at all. A phone call or two during the day helps to get you through a long day’s work and always brings a smile to your face. In their presence, there’s no need for continuous conversation, but you find you’re quite content in just having them nearby. Things that never interested you before become fascinating because you know they are important to this person who is so special to you. You think of this person on every occasion and in everything you do. Simple things bring them to mind like a pale blue sky, gentle wind or even a storm cloud on the horizon. You open your heart knowing that there’s a chance it may be broken one day and in opening your heart, you experience a love and joy that you never dreamed possible. You find that being vulnerable is the only way to allow your heart to feel true pleasure that’s so real it scares you. You find strength in knowing you have a true friend and possibly a soul mate who will remain loyal to the end. Life seems completely different, exciting and worthwhile. Your only hope and security is in knowing that they are a part of your life."


— Bob Marley

No comments:

Post a Comment