Monday, January 31, 2011

Reason #7 For Not Getting a Tattoo: People will know you are running your own life, instead of listening to them! -Sailor Jerry

I am reeeeeeeeeeeally wanting a new tattoo. Actually, I'm really wanting a lot of tattoos. I have a bunch of ideas and now I just need to come up with the funds, BOO! I want a dandelion on my foot/ankle, the treble clef/heart design from our wedding invites on the inside of my wrist, "bella vida" on the inside of my other wrist (to remind me that no matter how crazy and hectic everything is, my life really is beautiful), a gypsy woman, the quote "not all those who wander are lost"... perhaps on my upper right shoulder. I know for sure I need to get my bird tattoo touched up before the wedding because that thing is faded as can be. I need to find someone that does a kick ass job so that I can just go to the same person instead of changing artists every single time.

It is sleeting outside and supposed to snow through out the night with a windchill of -5 in the morning. I don't care what ECISD says, tomorrow is a snow day. I am SO ready to be done with stupid winter it's not even funny. I like snow when I'm on a mountain, staying in a resort. I do not like the snow when I'm in Odessa and people clean out the grocery stores like it's the Snowpocalypse. Ski towns know how to act when it snows; Odessa just comes to a stand still. 

Sunday we went over to my dad's and got A LOT of wedding stuff figured out. We changed where the actual ceremony is going to take place. I had wanted it under the willow trees, but it would take a lot of work to get the background ceremony ready. Now we're just doing it in the backyard under these two oak trees that kind of form an arch. It's cool though because those trees were grown from acorns that were by my grandpa (dad's dad) grave the day that he was buried. 

We went to a birthday party Saturday night and while I was there I got numbers for a hairdresser, baker, photographer and DJ. Very productive along with being a VERY fun night. We stayed the night over there in Elliott's son's room since we had imbibed in one or seven drinks. I woke up in the middle of the night and had NO idea where I was. I haven't had that feeling in a loooooong time. It's especially unsettling when you wake up on outer space sheets with a Nirvana poster over the bed. Kind of like What. The. Fuck. just happened. Ha.

Now I feel like I'm on top of this wedding planning or at least have some kind of direction so I'm much, much less overwhelmed. In 131 days I'm going to marry Jeremy. I can't believe it. I met him a year ago. I figured he was just going to be a dude to hang out with and holy shit, have my expectations been exceeded. I love that man!

No comments:

Post a Comment